1. When our vehicles are booked through our webpage, we charge a 30% confirmation fee.
2. You can pay the remainder of the amount when you collect the vehicle, by Visa/Mastercard or in cash (EUR,USD,GBP, ISK).
3. If you wish to pay the full amount at once, please contact us for further information.
4. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all leases for security reasons, even when the
cost of the lease is covered by a voucher. The credit card imprint may be used to cover all extra
charges, including additional insurance, parking tickets, damages, tank refill, or any cost incurred
by the use of the leased vehicle.
We will always require a credit card imprint for insurance purposes.Promotions
1. “2 extras for free!” offer not included insurances and pick up/ drop off service.
All next chosen extras during booking are included to rental agreement and total amount.Cancellation policy
Cancellation of a reservation is free of charge providing it is made at least 14 days before collection.
If cancellation is made within 14 days before collection and you do not appear in person, we will charge
30% of the total amount from your credit card. This means that we keep the 30% confirmation fee.
The company TripCampers reserves the right to cancel the reservation in case:
- the Lessee entered false information relating to age
- the Lessee drivers licence has been expired
- the Lessee tries to use the credit card that is not his property.
- The owner of the card is not present at the time of transaction.
The company reserves the right to cancel the booking for reasons beyond the company.Age requirement and driving license
The lessee/driver must be at least 20 years of age (based on the birth year) and the driving license must
be held for at least one year. The driving license must be presented at the start of the term of the lease.Returning camper van, pick up/ drop off service
As we need time to inspect the vehicle and to prepare it for the next lessee/driver when you return it,
you are required to return the vehicle at the agreed time.
The start and end of the hire is at the collection point, unless otherwise agreed.
The return time of a vehicle is usually chosen by booking the returning date, as shown on the Lease
Agreement. A fee of 30 EUR per hour is charged for a late return.
No refund is given for an early return of the vehicle.
If a late return of the vehicle incurs extra costs for us (e.g. compensation of the next lessee/driver), we
reserve the right to transfer these costs to you.
A return of the vehicle is normally confirmed in writing, signed by the lessee/driver and the owner. If
it was impossible to make a full inspection, you may be contacted to discuss any damage discovered in
your absence as soon as it is revealed.
The lessee/driver will be charged the Drop Fees (the cost incurred by returning the vehicle to the original
collection location) if the vehicle is not returned to the collection point (as indicated on the lessee/driver
Lease Agreement) without the written consent of the Owner.
TripCampers Company reserves the right to bring additional charges in the case when a rental vehicle is returned extremely dirty inside and outside in this case the rental agent has the right to impose on the customer an additional fee of 100 €.
We offer 24/7 pickup/ drop off service from Keflavik International Airport (50€ per transfer).
Lease agreementI. Obligations of the Lessee
1. The Lessee agrees to the provisions of this Agreement and has received a copy of it.
2. The Lessee will return the vehicle
a) and all the accessories (including tyres and tools) in the condition they were in when collected, with the exception of normal wear due to use,
b) on the date specified by this Agreement, unless agreed otherwise with the Owner,
c) to the Owner’s premises, unless agreed otherwise with the Owner.
3. If the Lessee fails to return the vehicle at the time agreed upon in this Agreement, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the Owner or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the Lessee’s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the Owner. If the Lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or more after the term of the lease has expired, the Owner is authorized to demand an extension of the lease by up to 24-hours, under the terms of this Agreement.
4. The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those indicated as drivers on the first page of this Agreement are authorized to drive the Vehicle. The Lessee is liable for any damage resulting from the use of the vehicle for which the vehicle’s insurance company does not pay compensation. This includes damage to the vehicle and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) off-road driving,
b) driving across rivers or any kind of water course,
c) intentional acts or gross negligence,
d) use of intoxicants by the driver,
e) vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of this Agreement.
5. In the event of a collision or accident, the Lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the Owner. The Lessee shall not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
6. The number of kilometres (km) that the vehicle covers during the term of this lease is determined by reading a normal odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The Lessee shall notify the Owner as soon as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the term of the lease.
7. The Owner does not bear responsibility for disappearance of or damage to property that the Lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
8. The Lessee agrees to pay the Owner, upon request:
a) a deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car,
a) any and all expenses incurred by the Owner if they have to bring the vehicle back to their premises, in the event that it has been left somewhere unsupervised, without regard to the condition of the vehicle, the roads, or the weather.
9. The Lessee is not authorized to have repairs performed or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of collateral, without prior consent of the Owner.
10. The Lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws incurred during the term of the lease.
11. The Lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, loan it to others, or sublease it.II. Obligations of the Owner
12. The Owner undertakes the responsibility to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and to ensure that it meets the demands claimed of it.
13. If the vehicle malfunctions, the Owner shall supply the Lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible. If the damage is minor, the Owner is authorized to have the vehicle repaired after obtaining the Owner’s consent.
14. The Owner shall inform the Lessee of the content of this Agreement, with a particular regard to the obligations that the Lessee undertakes by signing it.
15. The Owner shall inform a foreign Lessee regarding the Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and the regulations banning off-road driving. In particular, the Owner shall point out the dangers stemming from animals on the roads.
16. If the Owner wants to limit the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or road conditions, this shall be done in writing on signing of this Agreement.
17. The Owner undertakes the responsibility to maintain a valid liability insurance for his business operations.III. Insurance
18. The lease amount/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the Owner.
19. Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
20. The Lessee can purchase separate accident (All-risks) insurance. This policy is sold for a fee of 35 Euros per day.
21. This accident/all-risks insurance does not cover:
a) intentional damage, or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver,
b) damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner,
c) damage due to race or test driving,
d) damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots,
e) damage done by animals,
f) holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats,
g) damage affecting only the wheels, tyres, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and the resulting damage,
h) damage to the vehicle’s transmission, drive, or other parts that are in or attached to the chassis caused by driving on rough roads; damage to the chassis resulting from the vehicle scraping the bottom on rough roads resulting from ridges being left by road graders; damage caused by stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving,
i) damage resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places accessible only at low tide, or other trackless areas. However, compensation will be paid for damage if the driver is forced to leave the road, for example, due to road repairs,
j) damage caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle,
k) if the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater,
l) in other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risks insurance.
22. The lessee may purchase special Premium insurance package (PIP), Gravel protection (GP), Theft protection (TP), and Super collision damage waiver (SCDW).
23. With the standard rental fee, the vehicles come with a CDW insurance (collision damage waifer). With the CDW insurance, the Lessee is liable for up to 3000 EUR self risk.
24. With a Premium insurance package and Super Collision Damage Waifer the Lessee is liable to 750€ damages in case of an accident, with the exceptions of situations mentioned in point 23.IV. General provisions
25. This Agreement shall be kept in the vehicle at all times during the term of the lease.
26. Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this Agreement shall require the written form.
27. The Icelandic law applies to any agreements made on the basis of the terms cited above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made, and applies both to the basis for and the calculation of the compensation. The same applies to any claims for damages based on liability outside of this Agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning this Agreement, they will be heard before the Owner’s legal venue.
28. It should be pointed out that disputes between the Parties to Agreement may be submitted to the active Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association after obtaining the Owner’s consent.